Prometheus Movie and Prometheus Sequel Movie News, Plot, Trailer and CastPrometheus Movie Sequel Coming 2014-15, Prometheus 2 - ParadisePrometheus News, Community and info on Prometheus Sequel Movie - Paradise

Prometheus - A Film By Ridley Scott

Engineers running from a Predator

edwardinthefuture

When David touches the blood on the control panel, it glows a very predator-blood green.
Its not the same as Engineer blood. It's a different alien.

The running engineer who dies, dies before he gets to the door. He is obviously hit by something. He doesn;t look like he is tripping. Possibly,he was hit by a predator.

According to AvP movie, the predators had been guiding the humans for at least 10,000 years to build large pyramids and other structures, and using them to breed Xenos to hunt.

Perhaps the Engineers are actually a servant race of the Predators, whose job it is to create fertile hunting grounds.

74 Replies

joeyjoe

there is absolutely no evidence that animals called "predators" exist anywhere in the Prometheus/Alien universe (thankfully).
+1 zzplural.

Oneironaut 717

Sorry, but I don't see it! AvP is a separate entity and as far I know, and I'm sure others will agree is a stand alone, it has nothing to do with the official Alien universe and has nothing to do with Prometheus!

AvP bleurgh!

m8ih41.jpg
\\\\\\\'Music is a language, you see, a universal language.\\\\\\\' Sun Ra

Voidhawk

My...

Pains me to say, but there is logic there...and that green stuff scene rang as out of place to me.

But Predator blood is not sticky, and that thing was sticky...but again dried / old blood from those might be that way...

Well....not sure where this might lead. Maybe that green egg on the room is filled with Predator blood?

I am not sure I like this route...but it is not illogical given those scenes, and yes, they were running from something, and the one falling could have been hurt or tripping...they are sturdy that we know, for rail riffles and rail guns do not affect them greatly as we saw...

CORE-Copy.png

Oneironaut 717

Please god no!

m8ih41.jpg

Voidhawk

Indeed....please....no....

CORE-Copy.png

Cypher

No. Just, no.

NewRoboBanner.jpg

"Is it dead this time?" "I dunno, poke it with this stick and see."

Oneironaut 717

but seriously, could you imagine - Ridley finally tying Alien and Predator together ? By confirming it through Prometheus.

It plays over and over in my head - how does an Engineer just trip up fall like that.

The God's can't be that cruel - may this never come to be! Never shall we think or utter such blasphemous nonsense! Arrrgh!!

m8ih41.jpg

BigDave

Lol...

Yes that was interesting it does look like Predator Blood, the Xeno and Engineer dont have that color blood.

I dont think Ridley would go that route.... but lets hope that he gets to stay on board for Prometheus 2 as certainly Fox could go that route.

There is another interesting thing that has similarities to Predator.

The writing on the Urns is not the same as that on the Juggernaut or the other things written on the Doors and Walls of the Temple including the writing on the Engineer Head Statue.

The Glyphs on the Urns are different and they look similar to Predators..... ;)

And you know what if that AVP movie was never made or its sequel than yes Prometheus could go on to make a link with the Engineer, Xeno and Predators.

The problem was not AVP... it was how AVP was made.....

The Soothsayer

Seems like most Alien purists despise the poor predators, so I am disinclined to agree.

Fun theory though.

Rubirosa

Lets say that green stuff is actually Predator blood. Then were is the body which belonged to the dead Predator. If it was not killed then why did the Predators not decapitate the Engineers and take there heads as thropy's. No I do not think that was Predator blood.

Cypher

I love the Predator movies, I just think that the way they were mashed together was not very befitting of either of them.

NewRoboBanner.jpg

"Is it dead this time?" "I dunno, poke it with this stick and see."

warrior7

I don't know why you all are so opposed to the possible introduction of the Predators. In all honestly, without any hint towards either the Alien or Predator franchise . . . Prometheus really isn't much more than an average possibly overdone tragedy of where we came from. Personally, I go to the movies to be entertained, not educated or "enlightened".

That being said, I believe that the Engineers are running away from the deacon, but thats just me. Saying that AVP isn't canon isn't stupid, saying that Prometheus has no intention of being related to either (if not both) franchise is.

Keep up the good work edwardinthefure!

Oneironaut 717

Quote:
I don't know why you all are so opposed to the possible introduction of the Predators. In all honestly, without any hint towards either the Alien or Predator franchise . . .

Blasphemy! you have uttered the unspeakable... seize him!

m8ih41.jpg

Voidhawk

Aha!

Now seriously, Predator and Predators are very good movies , with Predator 2 being well put together...and that is an alien well designed, and in my opinion the bugs are no match whatsoever to them. And yet they are a culture of beings which even respect some aspects of life (remember Predator 2, when one of them spares the police woman who is pregnant...they do have honor, as we saw on the original AVP comics and books, where we do depict their culture and behavior.

AvP movies, whereas departing from a really good comic and books (I liked them a lot) was poorly, really poorly done, and to tie them to it all, more than anything, would not work due Weyland himself, who died on the first AVP movie, and we all know Lance Enriksen face by now...

Now, thinking about how to do this, it would need to be a total remake of the concept, tying the movie with Predator and Predators, yet distancing it completely to the AvP movies.

As for the urns, it could mean that those urns are not actually engineer tech, but something they stole and are analysing for their use, which is an interesting way to see it, as aestethically speaking, those urns differ completely from all the rest of their tech we saw in the movie...

Could it be another hint in front of our faces along the movie as mentioned by Ridley Scott on another aspect of the plot yet to unfold?

This does open interesting possibilities, even if not tied to Predators at all...I like the idea!

CORE-Copy.png

titanium_monkey

I like the Predator character.
Bringing it into the story doesnt bother me one bit.
But I say: whats with the weak plastic made David?
Couldnt Weyland bring along a couple of tough Terminators?

Username

Password

or Register an Account
Follow Prometheus Sequel News
Prometheus Fan Discussions
Latest Prometheus Images
Recent Status Updates
Primal King Annndddd...... I'm bored
Raptor-401 Yah. I do remember now.
Raptor-401 Yah. I do remember now.
Mr.Happy9097 I know, and I think so.
Raptor-401 Even then, I still re-read it. Outcome was expected....
Raptor-401 Didn't I read it once in an E-mail Comversation
Mr.Happy9097 401, did you read Rex vs Spino in LS?
up

More from Scified

Latest News & Articles

Part of the SciFied Fan Site Network
© 2012 - 2013 SciFied.com
Legal | Terms of Use
Scified Sites: Pacific Rim Jurassic Park 4 Godzilla (2014) Prometheus 2 Mad Max: Fury Road RoboCop Blade Runner 2 Robopocalypse Interstellar AvP